If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking for novel antimicrobial actives and/or full formulations that deliver improved efficacy and lower toxicity than traditional biocides for use on home surfaces (kitchens, bathrooms, soft surfaces, air) in order to stay on track regarding future regulations.
Licence or technical cooperation agreements are sought with industrial partners or technology providers.
Environmental and health regulations are stricter than in the past and this with the purpose of on one hand, protecting human health and on the other hand, protecting the environment against pollution.
In order to stick to regulations and consumers' expectations regarding its product portfolio, this Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking for novel antimicrobial actives and/or full formulations that deliver improved efficacy and lower toxicity than traditional biocides for use on home surfaces (kitchens, bathrooms, soft surfaces, air).
Product forms can include:
Liquid or solid formulations that can be incorporated across a range of delivery systems (trigger sprays, pourable liquids, aerosols, wipes), devices that distribute and/or generate in-situ the required biocide to provide antimicrobial efficacy.
• Products/devices should be consumable
• Products should have meaningful advantage compared to what is already on market today (no me-too products)
• Products should have a path for registration at EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) /BPR (Biocidal Products Regulation)
The company is therefore looking for collaboration with industrial players or technology providers that have developed or are actively developing solutions fulfilling this technology need.
The purpose would be setting up a long-lasting cooperation via technical collaboration or licence agreement, allowing the large account to comply with its internal strategy and for the potential partner to interact in a systematic way with the large account so as to have immediate access to forthcoming similar requests.
The company is looking for:
- Antimicrobial actives that can be formulated in liquid or solid forms, in the presence of anionic, cationic or nonionic surfactants, and pH range from 2 to 11.
- Antimicrobial actives or formulations that provide bactericidal efficacy against representative gram positive/negative bacteria and enveloped/non-enveloped viruses on relevant ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)/EN (European) methods while delivering at least one or more of the following benefits:
o For surfaces: fast active, with contact times of 20s to 2min for log 6 efficacy
o For air: 3-4 log reduction in less than 1 hour
o Provides residual antimicrobial, delivering against the EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) 01-1A or PAS2424 (Quantitative surface test) methods
o Low toxicity, without requiring human hazard precautionary statements in label
o Enables usage on food contact surfaces without the need of a potable water rinse
o Biocide of natural origin
o High efficacy, requiring less than 0.2% when formulated in a surfactant containing chassis
o Do not induce cleaning/shine negatives vs the formulation without biocide
- Antimicrobial actives should be biodegradable.
- Antimicrobial actives or formulations should have at least initiated EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) /BPR (Biocidal Products Regulation) registration.
- Antimicrobial actives or formulations with IP filed (preferably granted) and viable freedom to practice operate.
The company is looking for solutions that are on the market or nearly on the market.
Please note that only non-confidential information describing the method, current use and IP can be accepted for review at this stage.
Type of Partner sought: SMEs or industry, technology providers
Area of expertise : Hygiene sanitization products
Role of Partner Sought: collaborate with the large account for technical collaboration or provide the technical solution sought under licence agreeement